It’s true that kitchens and baths sell homes, we’ve all heard that. But what if you’re not selling? We all still want to have beautiful homes with spectacularly functional kitchens and luxurious bathrooms. I know I do! The problem is those amazing spaces can cost pretty penny to create, right?
What if I told you that you can have the bathroom you long for on practically any budget?
What if I said that you could even have the bathroom of your dreams? Wouldn’t you want to know how?
I’m here to tell you that it can be done AND I’m here to help show you how.
Transform a Bathroom On Any Budget
First things 1st – you MUST determine your budget. Then that will help you determine your design priorities, which you should definitely list in order of importance.
Once you’ve done those 2 most important things, here are a few tips to help you transform a bathroom on any budget.
Bathroom On Any Budget DO:
- Paint – hands down THE biggest bang for your buck
- Frame out or replace vanity mirrors
- Replace faucets and fixtures
- Hang window treatments
- Replace or add new lighting
- Bring in art and accessories
If you have some extra wiggle room in your budget, consider these options:
- Update your shower – enlarge it, change out the tile, or install frameless glass doors
- Replace all your tile
- Replace or refinish vanities
More often than not, what you DON’T do in your bathroom redesign is just as important as what you do.
To transform a bathroom on any budget and keep those costs down…
Bathroom On Any Budget DO NOT:
- Move, add, or remove any plumbing
- Move, add, or remove any electrical
- Demolish down any interior or exterior walls
- Add any new interior or exterior walls
DIY anything remotely related to any of the above items – when in doubt, contact a licensed contractor
These are items that will drive up the cost of any project. Keep that in mind when determining your priorities.