What am I going to blog about today?
I know I have said it to myself, so I know you have said it, too.
So, what do you need for a good blog post?
A great headline, a topic and a bottle of scotch.
Well, the scotch is optional.
Coming up with a blog headline and topic for some people is right up there with going to the dentist. Blogging a necessary evil. I like to do it when I know what I am writing about. But to know that, I have to plan it all out.
Right now, I am set for the entire year of what I am going to blog about. And you can be, too. Wanna do this? Let’s go.
1. Start a Swipe File
If you haven’t heard of a Swipe File, you are going to love it! It is a collection of headlines you save in a file (duh) to use by filling in the blank. For example:
- Here’s a Quick Way to [solve a problem]
- [Do something] like [world-class example]
- What Everybody Ought to Know About [blank]
You can do a search for Swipe files on the Google and just save them in a file on Notepad to use later.
2. Create an Editorial Calendar
Do a Google Search for an Editorial Calendar sample. You fill it out and have an outline for your entire year of blogs. Inspiration at your finger tips.
3. Create “Theme” Months
To make filling out your Editorial/ Blogging Calendar even simpler you can start by picking a topic each month to talk about.
Say April is Spring Cleaning, so you talk about:
- Week 1 – Top ten best products for organization
- Week 2- How to organize your closet
- Week 3 – Organizing product review
- Week 4 – Top 5 Pinterest Boards on Organizing